Volume V (1940)

Contents. READ
New Discoveries of Neolithic Pottery in Oxfordshire. By E. T. Leeds1READ
The Excavation of Cherbury Camp, 1939. By J. S. P. Bradford13READ
Two Saxon Cemeteries in North Oxfordshire. By E. T. Leeds21READ
The Excavations at Seacourt, Berks., 1939. By R. L. S. Bruce Mitford31READ
Eleventh- and Twelfth- Century Pottery from the Oxford Region. By R. L. S. Bruce Mitford and E. M. Jope42READ
Muniments of Holy Trinity Priory, Wallingford. By J. G. Milne50READ
The Arms on the Chaucer Tomb at Ewelme. By E. A. Greening Lamborn78READ
Brian Twyne. By S. Gibson94READ
Henry Aldrich, Dean of Christ Church. By E. F. A. Suttle115READ
The Coin Collection of Christ Church, Oxford. By C. H. V. Sutherland140READ
The Oxford Architectural and Historical Society and the Oxford Movement. By S. L. Ollard146READ
Notes
The Society in Wartime. 161READ
Archaeological Notes. By D. B. Harden161READ
Cropmarks seen from the air, Northfield Farm, Long Wittenham, Berks. By G. W. G. Allen164READ
The Geological origin of four stone axes found in the Oxford District. By D. B. Harden165READ
The Frilford Site-a Postscript. By C. E. Stevens166READ
Blue Pigment of Roman date from Woodeaton. By E. M. Jope and G. Huse167READ
Archaeological Finds in the City of Oxford. By D. B. Harden167READ
A 15th century Hoard from Thame, Oxon.. By E. T. Leeds169READ
A Royal Coat of Arms in the Clarendon Hotel, Oxford. By P. S. Spokes169READ
Shilton Bridge. By J. J. Leeming170READ
Jackson's Oxford Journal. 171READ
Cast-iron Water-pipes from Woodstock, Oxon.. By D. B. Harden171READ
The late Major G. W. G. Allen, M. C., F. S. A.. 172READ
Reviews. 174READ
Bibliography. 185READ
Index. 187READ
List of Officers. Rear coverREAD

© Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, 2010-12; all rights reserved.

ISSN 0308–5562